Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or
imagine.... Ephesians 3:20 (NIV)




Friday, June 29, 2012

Let the crazy commence!

June has been pretty calm around our house. It has been nice to have time to go through closets and spend more time with Tabetha. In fact when I had my own classroom I had (and still have somewhere in a box in the garage) a plaque that says, "Three reasons for teaching, June, July and August". I love the freedom that my profession offers! However July is coming, and that is where my "summer" ends.

 As many of you know, we are preparing for new hardwood floors to be  laid in all of our bedrooms as well as painting in our guest room and bathroom; all of which will be done while we are on our "staycation" in Orlando.  For months now we have been moving things around  and thinking about what will go were when it's all done. Because I can't resist a good sale, we have already bought a second set of baby furniture for whenever K2 (Michael's term) joins our family and we've had a pile of hardwood flooring stacked up in our living room since March. Right now our house looks a little like a furniture store((hair pulling)) but in 3 weeks it will all be over!!! Well, the home renovation part that is......

Earlier this year we also signed up to host a 16 year old from China named Mirabelle. She will be joining us for her entire junior year here at North Port High School. We've been in touch with her for a couple of months now and we are very excited for her to join our family! Her arrival date has not been confirmed yet, but she has told us she will be here at the end of July. The idea that I will be "parenting" a teenager is quite surreal.

Now comes the super crazy part!My husband once said "You will eventually give us to death, but what a way to go!" Maybe it's the teacher in me or just the fact that God gave me the desire to help out whenever I can, but today we signed up to host a second 16 year student from Brazil named Barbara!! I just couldn't get over that "tug" on my heart. Some of the greatest things in my life have come from that "tug"and God has taught me not to ignore it.

So.....that means, in a month I will have two teenage "daughters", a two year old that thinks she's sixteen, four cats, a dog, a husband who's work has required a lot of travel lately, AND..........an open adoption profile in which we could receive not one but TWO children!!!! And as our friend Loryn says, "God has a great sense of humor", that means I could possibly have 5 children living in my house at any point during the school year.

Yep, we are that crazy!!!!


Blessings,

Dawn

3 comments:

  1. Your house is going to be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Steven Curtis Chapman....this is the Great Adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete