Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or
imagine.... Ephesians 3:20 (NIV)




Friday, May 10, 2013

Time to hit your knees....

Well, we are almost there! The tickets are bought, meeting date is set and we are leaving to meet our son in two weeks!! The other day a friend asked me if I was nervous yet. My answer "No, I've got too many other things that are going on before that to keep me distracted," That, is SUCH and understatement!

Our move is almost complete. About 75% of our things are at the new house and Mirabelle, Tab and me spend our weeks in North Port, basically camping in our own house. Both Mirabelle and Tabetha's beds are still here and I am sleeping on an air mattress (sounds worse then it really is). We also have one TV, one couch, one LV lamp, one end table, a few dishes, and other kitchen stuff and that's about it. Every weekend we are taking more and more items to New Port Richey. Next Saturday, May 18th, is our final move and everything, has to go! Then on the 19th, the girls and I will return to North Port to spend three nights, literally camping in our own house, until Mirabelle's last day of school, May 23. The next morning she is leaving to go home to China for the SUMMER, we hope! Also on May 23, my parents are flying in to come and care
for Tabetha and the fur children while Michael are in Ecuador.  Michael and me are leaving May 26th!

Our house in North Port also hit the market May 1, so us girls are having to keep it extra clean. We had and Open House last weekend and another one is planned for tomorrow. We are really hoping for some serious traffic in the next few weeks!

Also, back in Janurary, Mirabelle applied to a private prep school in Tampa. We met with the international admissions director and several leaders who made it a wonderful day for her! Both her and I were excited when we left and over the next few months, I exchanged many encouaging emails with the admissions director while we were waiting on her test scores to arrive. Between Janurary and April she took the TOEFL four times and put lots of time into studying. When she finally came only two points away from reaching the score needed, I went to email the admissions director with copies of her score and found an email for him saying that they had reached their capacity for next year. There were no more openings for enither juniors or seniors. Mirabelle was devastated!!!!! Trying to think quick I found another prep school, this one in New Port Richey, that has a wonderful international student program! We quickly filled out the application and got all of the supporting documentation. I had wonderful chats on the phone with both the headmaster and the assitant headmaster (who has hosted many exchange students!) and was highly encouraged by their words. The headmaster assured me that if she is accepted she would have her acceptance letter and  immigration document by her departure date of May 24. This was almost three weeks ago and we are still waiting! Every day she is getting more nervous and I totally understand, so am I. This I'm sure will be one of those 11th hour situations , Grrrr...

As if, that was not enough, We found out last Wednesday, May 1, that Tabetha needs to have a brain MRI. Her eye doctor has noticed some unusall activity with her eyes and wants to get it checked out. So,  May 15, her and I will be at All Children's in Tampa for her MRI. As you might think, we are a little nervous about this and are requesting prayer for this situation.

As you can imagine, this is a lot to handle at one time. I know for myself, I'm struggling with all sorts of emotions. Excitement, nervousness and fear are just a few of them. I am asking for prayer for not only health and emotional needs but also for financial needs. We currently have two fully operational houses on one income and a six week period of hotel, transportation and food costs coming soon. We applied for an adoption grant from Show Hope and will not know until the end of May whether or not we will receive one. Though adoption fundraising, we have made about $1500, but that is simply a drop in the bucket.

We know our God is able and that out of the toughest parts of our lives, he gives the greatest blessings. "Exceedingly, abundantly, more than I can ever ask or think" Eph 3:20

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment